Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 17 May 2017, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Case illustrates the need to introduce best practice standards for fraud investigators
  • David | 17 May 2017, 09:52 AM Agree 0
    I agree. I've been on the receiving end after two motorcycles were stolen in one incident & the investigator was quite persistent about asking me if I had something to do with the claim. After being asked the 3rd time (& since the meeting was being recorded) I fired off a lecture on what utmost good faith means & asked the investigator to pass it onto the insurer.
    An undue amount of time was also being allocated to reviewing the answers on the proposal that had been completed several years earlier. I expressed my concern about the fishing expedition that he had embarked upon & dictated another reply for the insurer.
    After the meeting concluded he apologised for the process but advised that he was contracted by several insurers & they fell into two camps. Either; Confirm if it's OK to pay or Find a reason not to pay. Unfortunately I was with camp 2.
    What's worse is that I still have cover with that insurer; need to find me a better broker!
    If an insurer appoints an investigator to a valued client's claim then my advice is that you need to attend the meeting.
Post a reply