Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 19 Apr 2017, 09:42 AM Agree 0
Customers will soon be able to buy policies without needing to answer any questions
  • Harry Black | 19 Apr 2017, 12:37 PM Agree 0
    “We will pre-underwrite, pre-approve and give you a massive discount on what you’re paying, probably 20% cheaper.”

So Aviva will be asking questions then?!
  • Blabla | 19 Apr 2017, 12:44 PM Agree 1
    So customers will be able to get insurance and AVIVA will pay their premium for them and send a birthday card too.

Amazing disruption of the insuranzzz industry.
  • yeahyeah | 19 Apr 2017, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    Yes. they just will not pay any claims, or they will grill the claimant with questions!
  • A Gauthier | 22 Apr 2017, 04:43 PM Agree 0
    What about the automobile policies, isn't the Standard Application Form (SAF 1) part of the insurance contract? At some point, somebody has to ask questions. Data mining could also mean that your personal information never goes away. Stored to be used at a later time, or with any other Insurer they share data with at the time of getting a quote or renewing a policy.
  • Jordan | 30 May 2017, 09:11 AM Agree 0
    Taken from article 'Aviva reports huge jump in fraud detection'- May 30, 2017

"The company also observed the emergence of “serial claimants”—who are fraudsters who purchase multiple home insurance policies, usually by the dozen, under different aliases and then file claims on them. “Policies are taken out with the sole aim of making fraudulent claims,” Aviva said in the report. While these scams used to be rare, the firm said they average six claims every month now."

Fraud should be a lot easier to perpetrate with Aviva not asking questions of insurance applicants !!!!
  • InsuranceCommentary.com | 20 Jun 2017, 10:20 AM Agree 0
    “What’s our long-term goal? To go from Ask it Once to Ask it Never – so customers don’t have to answer any questions at all,” Wilson said.

Wouldn't a better goal be to ask the necessary questions to assist consumers in identifying their unique exposures to loss, then match those exposures where possible with the proper insurance package to minimize the likelihood that they will experience a serious or catastrophic financial loss?

At my semi-annual checkups, my doctor asks me a LOT of questions. Would it be an improvement if he didn't ask me ANY questions? Maybe for his bottom line, but not for mine. Who can't spare an hour once a year to prevent financial ruin?
  • InsuranceCommentary.com | 10 Jul 2017, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    Just not HUNDREDS of questions, as if ANY prospect is asked HUNDREDS of questions.
Post a reply