We use cookies to improve this site and enable full functionality. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your browser. Our cookie policy.

Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 05 Aug 2016, 11:00 AM Agree 0
Mark Wilson outlines one massive growth area for the business and how brokers and insurers need to improve
  • Tong Lang | 05 Aug 2016, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    Please share with us exactly what is "Insurance Brokery"?
  • Paul - Editor | 05 Aug 2016, 02:13 PM Agree 1
    I must admit I hadn't heard of the term myself, Tong. However, that was exactly the phrase used by Mark Wilson on our call. When I checked into it, it seems the word is somewhat obsolete now but was previously used to refer to any work done by a broker.
  • CB | 05 Aug 2016, 06:43 PM Agree 1
    I think maybe if the use of the olde world term "brokery" is the main take-away that people are getting from the article the point may have been missed - and depending on where you're looking at it from, might reinforce some of the points made. Keep your eye on the ball.
  • Tong Lang | 11 Aug 2016, 01:55 PM Agree 1
    No - I think the point is rather more related to cause & effect. The fact that insurance brokery lags so far behind the digital mainstream reflects the fact that the entire insurance industry does too. Brokers cannot develop or adopt these technologies more quickly than their suppliers and so we all limp along at the pace of the slowest. Aviva is in a poor place to comment when you compare the disaster that is their broker accounts system with that of a better performing competitor - such as AXA.
Post a reply