We use cookies to improve this site and enable full functionality. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your browser. Our cookie policy.

Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 09 Jun 2016, 10:54 AM Agree 0
Issue of broker transparency raised by ABI chief receives backing from key industry player
  • dedicated broker of 25 years . | 09 Jun 2016, 06:02 PM Agree 0
    congratulations on yet another nail in the brokers coffin , what other industry has to disclose what they earn !! if brokers were allowed to charge for their time like solicitors and accountants and was legally endorsed by our Government , that would be fine and clients would not continually play one of against another because it would cost them , we are supposed to be professional yet we are treated like second class citizens!!.

The insurers have and will continue to have their own agenda to get rid of the broker market and drive everything online ,i have suggestion why don t insurers just keep the commission they pay brokers and we will work for nothing after all that s what they want .

The gentleman talks of transparency yet the insurers continually duck genuine claims ,reduce commissions whenever they can and ask brokers to discount their commission when brokers look for support on risks they already hold !! Strange all this is now being proposed when the big consolidators were getting 40 % from insurers ,!! five years ago no one insurer was moaning then .

Sorry but go and ask any business in the UK to disclose what they earn, Lets face it Even our MP S refused and they make the rules !!

Question for the Financial Authorities who regulate us what happened to the £50 million pounds they lost ? was this not broker fees paid to them ? no one looks at this , i wonder why ?

Keep bashing the Broker !!!!
Post a reply