We use cookies to improve this site and enable full functionality. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your browser. Our cookie policy.

Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 26 Sep 2016, 08:45 AM Agree 0
Sadiq Khan writes letter to Uber as new regulations threaten thousands of drivers
  • Jason | 26 Sep 2016, 02:49 PM Agree 0
    With regards to the Private Hire Driver having to have a Private Hire policy in force makes sense.

Even if a Private Hire driver worked part time, there is nothing stopping him going out and working when he has a few hours spare.
  • H.t | 26 Sep 2016, 03:13 PM Agree 0
    "“I’m concerned that new rules from Transport for London will threaten the livelihoods of thousands of licensed private hire drivers in our city,” said the letter penned by Uber London general manager Tom Elvidge."

Oh really? I thought Uber were heavily investing in driverless cars.

Uber, and all their representatives are so full of it.
  • GW | 26 Sep 2016, 03:49 PM Agree 0
    I think Jason misses the point.

As long as a driver has a commercial insurance policy in place whilst working, that should be sufficient. There is no need to have a policy in place when not working. There is a gradual movement, which is gaining momentum, whereby people obtain insurance for the specific time they need coverage (eg Pay As You Drive - PAYD - cover). This kind of action is swimming against the tide and future direction of the world.
    • | 07 Oct 2016, 01:54 PM Agree 0
      There's no such thing as PAYD insurance ,
  • Bali chopra | 28 Sep 2016, 12:32 AM Agree 0
    What he saying nothing new to public he need to stop privte hire driver who work for uber parking outside people housing high street diasble bay & parmint aria
  • Robert Sole | 28 Sep 2016, 01:03 PM Agree 0
    Couldn't have put it better myself, Bali.
  • | 07 Oct 2016, 11:05 AM Agree 0
    There's hundreds of part time Black drivers they still have to be fully insured with H&R !
    Uber your not needed in London please leave we had a perfect 2 tier system in place we all had enough work!
    You are a modern day slave trade
  • Marilyn wall | 07 Oct 2016, 01:46 PM Agree 0
    There are partime London taxi drivers but they have to have insurance cover all the time so why should PH drivers be any different??
  • | 07 Oct 2016, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    It's a level playing field for everybody or none at all .
    Some black cabs are only part time , but they still need H&R.
    If uber is so concerned why don't they provide fleet insurance ?
    The public deserve to be covered against accidents which ever transport they pay for .
    Uber seem to think they can do as they please . Tfl turned a blind eye till mayor Kahn saw what was going on , illegally giving out liecenses without proper cover .
  • | 07 Oct 2016, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    It's a level playing field for everybody or none at all .
    Some black cabs are only part time , but they still need H&R.
    If uber is so concerned why don't they provide fleet insurance ?
    The public deserve to be covered against accidents which ever transport they pay for .
    Uber seem to think they can do as they please . Tfl turned a blind eye till mayor Kahn saw what was going on , illegally giving out liecenses without proper cover .
  • Mr Connor | 07 Oct 2016, 09:13 PM Agree 0
    350 pound a year = about 6.50 per week is such a big loss
Post a reply