We use cookies to improve this site and enable full functionality. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your browser. Our cookie policy.

Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 21 Jul 2016, 11:59 AM Agree 0
Insurance giant attempts to defend premium which has made national headlines
  • Iamnotarobot | 21 Jul 2016, 03:14 PM Agree 0
    Something doesn't quite stack up about this - her premium has gone from something sensible to astronomic and nothing has changed, no claims etc. ? If it is simply one insurer pricing according to their appetite to take on the risk (insurance isn't some god given right at a reasonable price, it is a commercial transaction and it is up to the insurer to charge whatever they like for the risk, there is no obligation for a particular customer to purchase) then I presume she tried elsewhere and if she'd found an insurer happy to take a reasonable premium she would have gone with them. I assume either all quotes were higher for some reason, or other quotes were reasonable and she's decided to go to the media. Anyone who has used insurance aggregator sites will have seen what seem to be crazy premiums but these are surely just one insurance company's reflection of their appetite for a particular risk.
  • AK | 21 Jul 2016, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    It is also possible that the insurer now has a policy to exclude very young drivers, but can only do this by quoting unaffordable premiums.
Post a reply