Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 05 May 2017, 11:16 AM Agree 0
Major insurer hopes to move most of the country to an app within the next few weeks
  • Are You Really in Good Hands? | 10 May 2017, 11:28 AM Agree 0
    AllState just figured out a way to save money by swapping experienced field adjusters with health insurance, cars, salaries, retirement, etc with cheap desk review agents with no experience who have to write estimates based on pictures taken by customers. In the end, the customer will get a substandard, low cost estimate that AllState hopes they will accept the check and not fix the car. Consumers and Agents need to wake up!
  • T.P | 15 Jun 2017, 12:57 AM Agree 0
    As a result of the virtual claim inspection Allstate laid off thousands of employees nationwide on Wednesday June 14th.
    • carla3214 | 11 Jul 2017, 03:30 PM Agree 0
      I saw nothing about that on this site or other sites. I just thanked my claims people for their outstanding jobs with my hail loss and my other accident. Sad, and I am very upset.
  • Senior Claim Rep | 17 Jun 2017, 05:14 PM Agree 0
    Sorry to say those that did get let go were informed of their termination by way of a 7 minute tele-conference that ended abruptly.
  • IrishBOBSister | 10 Jul 2017, 09:49 PM Agree 0
    This is also a nightmare for dealerships - especially motorcycle dealerships (like the one I work for). We end up trying to get the pictures only for the representative say they can't see the damage, and ask for us to take apart the bike so they can see the damage better in the photo. Our mechanics get a flat rate.... Who is paying for their time? Not the insurance company! But since they're the ones who can't (or won't) see the damages, the whole process actually takes a lot longer because we're going back & forth. If they'd just send out an adjuster who knows what they're looking at.... We're fighting for our customer to get their bike repaired right, the first time.
  • Carla3214 | 11 Jul 2017, 03:29 PM Agree 0
    I love my Allstate insurance for two reasons--the great agency service, and the great claims adjusters that have helped me understand the process and "held my hand" by speaking to me kindly when I had an accident. I do not like this app thing because there is no way an app or drone can look under my car. I know that these direct writers, all auto insurers, are looking for ways to keep premiums down and profits up. When does an national profit be more important than a quality employee and a satisfied customer?
  • JIM W | 20 Jul 2017, 04:21 PM Agree 0
    WHAT A JOKE.....QUICK PHOTO ESTIMATE WAS $782.....ACTUAL ESTIMATE IS $1780...ALLSTATE IS JUST HOPING PEOPLE DO NOT REPAIR THE VEHICLE,NYS LAW REQUIRES A FAIR AND ACCURATE ESTIMATE WHETHER VEHICLE GETS REPAIRED OR NOT, THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO DO THE CLAIM BY QUICKFOTO WHICH IS NOT TRUE....MAKE THEM SEND AN ADJUSTER OUT TO LOOK AT YOUR CAR TO WRITE A FAIR, HONEST AND ACCURATE ESTIMATE.....THIS DICK HEAD WHO CAME OVER FROM PROGRESSIVE CAME UP WITH THIS AND ALLSTATE LET 4000 EPLOYEES GO......ITS ALL ABOUT THE SHAREHOLDERS AND PROFITS......IF YOU HAVE A LOSS YOU MUST BE PAID FOR SUCH LOSS BOTTOM LINE...
Post a reply