Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 07 Aug 2017, 11:53 AM Agree 0
Insurer accused by attorney of being at fault after policyholders trapped in burning vehicle
  • | 15 Aug 2017, 12:58 AM Agree 0
    State Farm screwed me over years ago.....now, I get solicitation at least once a month trying to get my business....... I never even open the envelope.... it goes straight to the shredder
  • | 12 Nov 2017, 08:34 AM Agree 0
    all insurance companies will do this! Every one of them!
  • | 13 Nov 2017, 09:44 AM Agree 0
    don't shred it. remove anything with your name and then send the rest back in the postage paid envelope. sure that only cost them 14 cents. But if everyone did this ????
  • Dan Murray | 13 Nov 2017, 11:56 PM Agree 0
    The origional equipment manufacturer of a car or any other sophisticated product for that matter is the only entity with the complete knoledge and expertese to spefify a critical repair procedure.
    Would you like to fly on a Boing aircraftknowing an insurance carrier or anyone other than Boing specified a repair on that aircraft.
    I suspect not.
    In 1977 American Air Lines specified a modified repair on a DC 10 which bcame a a nonstop from Chicago to Des Plains,IL. when an engine fell off.
  • J P Wells | 14 Nov 2017, 06:44 AM Agree 0
    I have been insured by State Farm for years and couldn’t ask for a better company or service! My family has been insured by them for 50 plus years!
  • D.Oakley | 15 Nov 2017, 11:20 PM Agree 0
    Ultimately this falls on the body shop, they didn't have to glue the roof on, whether the insurance company suggested it or not. We as the repairer make the decision to repair a vehicle correctly if they had told the adjuster to pound sand and refused to do anything but OE procedures on it, they would have caved. Once you start talking about call supervisors and presenting printed procedures your pretty locked in stone and if not just whisper in the customers ear and let them have at them , promise the car gets fixed right. Our primary concern should always be putting safe vehicles back on the road.
Post a reply