Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 01 Jun 2017, 02:56 PM Agree 0
Climate change is having a massive effect on insurers – what does this decision mean?
  • Pat McFarland (USMC) | 01 Jun 2017, 03:49 PM Agree 0
    FANTASTIC WE THE ONES THAT ARE CLEANING UP AS THE REST KEEP DUMPING AND THE IDEA THAT US IS ON OF 3 THAT HAVE NOT SIGNED IS A TOTAL LYE.
  • Manager, Central Claims, LLC | 01 Jun 2017, 04:12 PM Agree 0
    No serious scientist can categorically state that "human induced" climate change has increased the risk of forest fires. There is no evidence that humanity has caused any change in the climate, there is evidence that the globe may be warming; it has done so in the past and will do so again in the future. This report is rubbish; insurers should consider the impact of a warming globe.
    • Indy Agent | 01 Jun 2017, 05:57 PM Agree 0
      "The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is extremely likely (greater than 95 percent probability) to be the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over decades to millennia." This came from NASA. Probably no "serious" scientists like Professor Klump or Dr. Emmet Brown there..
  • D. Burnett | 01 Jun 2017, 04:13 PM Agree 0
    Good for President Trump!
  • | 01 Jun 2017, 04:16 PM Agree 0
    The Paris Acord has had no impact, nor will it ever. It was simply an attempt to transfer wealth.
  • BG | 01 Jun 2017, 04:17 PM Agree 0
    This man is an embarrassment and an idiot!
    • | 01 Jun 2017, 04:27 PM Agree 0
      I'm sure you are not as big an idiot as you claim to be. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • EM | 01 Jun 2017, 04:31 PM Agree 0
    I agree he is an embarrassment, idiot and putting our global security at risk. Don't tell me it is for outdated need for the coal & steel industry. He must be making a person profit somewhere to take this big of a stand with the majority of the world not in alignment with this stand!!!
  • Michigan Man | 01 Jun 2017, 04:34 PM Agree 0
    Trump a man of his word! He stated the reasons very well. Has my full support!
    • EM | 01 Jun 2017, 04:39 PM Agree 0
      What reason did you hear other then outdated need for Toxic Coal & steel industry?
  • SW | 01 Jun 2017, 04:35 PM Agree 0
    Thank you President Trump for keeping your campaign promise! This accord is nothing but an attempt by the left to transfer wealth and reduce liberty. "Climate change" is just the means. Thank you IBA for the political commentary as well...
  • BIG | 01 Jun 2017, 04:53 PM Agree 0
    CO2 is only 0.038% of our atmosphere. The main cause of global warming is water vapor, and man has absolutely no control over that component. In 1975 it was "global cooling". 15 years later it's "global warming". Now it's called "climate change" - Sure covers all former errors.
  • Frustrated in the USA | 01 Jun 2017, 05:06 PM Agree 0
    The public needs to read "THE MAD MAD MAD WORLD OF CLIMATISM". The untold story! Your right, many are getting rich off this new industry of climate control and I am guessing Trump see's it as just that.
    No reason the USA cant forge forward with their own plans and agenda.
    Read the book and then reply again.
  • Indy Agent | 01 Jun 2017, 05:09 PM Agree 0
    The movie "Idiocracy" has actually come true!! Brawndo, its got what plants crave!
  • Wally | 01 Jun 2017, 05:10 PM Agree 0
    No serious scientist can categorically state that "northward migrating Central Americans" will be deterred by a multi billion dollar wall built along the border with Mexico. There is ample evidence that a physical barrier will have no effect on migration patterns. So let's build a multi billion dollar wall, send Mexico the bill, and see what happens.
  • TGHL | 01 Jun 2017, 07:08 PM Agree 0
    The agreement does nothing to improve pollution controls when one country pays a so called non-polluting country to buy carbon credits so they can continue to pollute at their current rate. All it is as the earlier writer wrote is a transfer of wealth. I believe the severity of forest fires is do to over regulation and modes of operations put in place by some over paid bureaucrat that allow for these fire continue to burn as they are getting paid to watch. The other reason for the increase in fires in recent history are from all the mentally ill people who are lighting the fires. Man is the cause for more acres to burn but it has nothing to do with man made global warming/Climate Change. Certain without a doubt 99% of the people setting the fires Did not vote for Trump.
  • Marv A | 02 Jun 2017, 08:16 AM Agree 0
    Sounds like more fear mongering.
Post a reply