Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 10 May 2017, 10:39 AM Agree 0
The ride-hailing service aims to address driver-relations issues raised against the company with the move
  • just me | 10 May 2017, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    That's great, Uber...thanks for passing along a cost you should incur for your employees! Typical, let the consumers pay extra!
  • just me | 10 May 2017, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    That's great, Uber...thanks for passing along a cost you should incur for your employees! Typical, let the consumers pay extra!
  • Ken | 10 May 2017, 11:43 AM Agree 0
    Companies don't pay for things; they pass along costs to consumers. If they were treating their drivers as employees and buying Work Comp for them, they'd have to pass along those costs to employers. Rest assured they wouldn't pay for Work Comp by picking money off their money tree.
  • Ryan | 10 May 2017, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    @justme: To be fair, consumers are the ultimate beneficiaries of the competition created by TNC's. I don't about your neck of woods but in my town Uber rates are far lower than a taxi. Plus, the cars are generally clean and I know I'm paying a flat rate to get to my destination instead of a per mile charge. The Uber drivers here love what they do. Most of them work part-time - evenings, weekends - to put a little extra cash in the till. The independent contractor relationship lets them work when they want and where they want.
  • WJH | 10 May 2017, 01:27 PM Agree 0
    Uber is not their Employer. Uber Drivers are Subcontracted / 1099 / self employed people.

Uber drivers have the option of when and even if they want to drive. Nobody is demanding they punch a time clock.
  • | 10 May 2017, 05:22 PM Agree 0
    Well at least they are trying to get the money to pay for the insurance instead of expecting the drivers to do it. Not a lot of companies that care about people anymore. I think it is a good move on their part. A positive bit of news in all of the negative news they have been getting of late.
  • Deez nuts | 13 May 2017, 12:17 AM Agree 0
    Fuck Uber
  • | 22 May 2017, 04:51 PM Agree 0
    I don't believe this is WC insurance, as the Uber driver is not an employee of Uber but rather they are an independent contractor . It appears that the insurance afforded as part of this program would be Accident & Disability Insurance (AD&D).
Post a reply