Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 13 Nov 2015, 08:55 AM Agree 0
A leading Australian insurer has revealed a new brand identity as it looks to differentiate between itself and the competition.
  • Neil | 13 Nov 2015, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Changing the outside doesn't mean anything unless it is reflective of the changes made on the inside. People see past slick videos and want substance.

This brand is odd to me. The purple as a colour will date, the g looks really weird and the lower case does leave me with a feeling of strength, but timidity. It is unmemorable and will get lost in a sea of trend-seeking brands.

Having said that, in the end... to quote Batman, "it's what I do that defines me".
  • Phil | 13 Nov 2015, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    Agree- why corporations continue to go down the purple path is beyond me. One insurer introduced it well over 10 years ago now and it has been done to death. The font is all wrong. It displays a rather weak looking image where perhaps only people within IAG can see any thing fresh, strong and new as it is missing these elements to the audience that counts. If it was a logo change for one of the subsidiaries they might just get away with it but the holding company over the group needs a bold and strong look and the new logo does not achieve this. Hate to think how much money was spent getting something my 12 year old granddaughter could have come up with. Sorry, but totally unimpressed.
  • Lindsay | 13 Nov 2015, 03:32 PM Agree 0
    Can see the next natural progression with the purple colours to be dumping sponsorship of West Coast (SGIO) & Magpies (CGU) in favour of Freo Dockers :-)
  • Steve Clancy | 13 Nov 2015, 04:45 PM Agree 0
    If you read this article when the Mecon ad was displayed then you'd be struggling to see how the colour 'differentiates' the insurer from others....
  • Naz | 13 Nov 2015, 04:50 PM Agree 0
    As an ex motor assessor at RACV Insurance (IMA & IAG ) I would just like to remind the senior managers at IAG that the past success of the group was due to core values of its people and how they applied their skills knowledge to provide the best customer service ,which also was the best claims & assessing outcome. Branding is only part of the story , its getting the right people for vast technical challengers in motor insurance today and this is what sets the Insurance companies apart.
  • TJ | 13 Nov 2015, 06:40 PM Agree 0
    The "g" is strange and almost unreadable. I'm not sure who this tested well with but it probably wasn't existing conservative customer base and shareholders.
  • Chris | 17 Nov 2015, 04:01 PM Agree 0
    What a missed opportunity. It lacks strength and distinction, and don't get me started about that circa 2003 brand video. The most 'loved' insurer? Come on.
Post a reply