Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 20 Aug 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A major insurer, which today reported a drop in net profit of nearly 40%, is to increase rates in Australia during the remainder of 2013.
  • Vera Bachinger | 20 Aug 2013, 10:58 AM Agree 0
    I believe QBE customers will only stay with QBE out of loyalty. The off shore claims service is appalling and I'm finding it very difficult to provide fast and efficient service as an intermediary to our Brokerage clients. It is impossible to speak with the actual claims handler, and c.change is not always up to date. Personally I have left QBE CTP for a better offer from another insurer. There is only a few dollars difference in the CTP premium - however the 'at fault' cover is markedly different.
  • Robert Cooper | 20 Aug 2013, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    There is just a little thing called competition. While the intention may be there to increase premiums, losing the business to another insurer who can do it cheaper and more effectively may have an effect on such intentions. I have never understood why an insurer would want to promote they are seeking increases. If I was a competitor I would see it as an opportunity to gain market share.
    A lot of things QBE do are not normal. How on earth did they get to win 11 years straight, NIBA Insurer of the year?
Post a reply