Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
  • Shane M | 29 Aug 2016, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    They come into the market making out that they're the consumer's friend, and turns out they are just screwing the customers worse than anyone else.

Companies like these are the ones giving insurance a bad name. This should be a great opportunity to show the benefits of using a broker, but instead we'll probably all just be tarred with the same brush.
  • FNQ Broker | 29 Aug 2016, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    Hmmm.....we've been trying to tell the general public this for years. No surprises here!
    I doubt if ASIC will need to dig too deep to obtain the dirt on Youi based on our market research this behaviour is endemic. I wonder how all the "named household" pets are feeling about this turn of events.
  • Sam | 29 Aug 2016, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    This is the danger of low cost online and over the phone models.

In 10 years time tables will turn and people will return to broking as these online models will pose these type of risks for consumers.
  • | 29 Aug 2016, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    Yeah Youi. Some of the informed do get You.
  • SB the broker | 29 Aug 2016, 11:16 AM Agree 0
    I'm going to save this article and email it to the next person that says our quotes are more expensive and they chose to go with Youi.
  • Gail | 29 Aug 2016, 02:41 PM Agree 0
    Well that is their tagline, "we get you".
  • Jumbuck | 29 Aug 2016, 03:14 PM Agree 0
    YOUi.. ...ASIC has got YOU!!
  • carlos | 30 Aug 2016, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    I work in the Auto industry and my advice around insurance is always, always o with a reputable established provider, these new, cheap insurers are cheap for good reasons.... God forbid when you actually need them after a crash.
  • | 30 Aug 2016, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    The company needs to be stopped trading until the investigation is complete.
  • Victor | 30 Aug 2016, 01:06 PM Agree 0
    Made the mistake of seeking a quote from them, the sales consultant was not taking I'm not interested as an answer, in the end I had to resort to being rude. I rang them back to speak to someone higher up and got flobbed off they were not interested, but now I see why.
  • Tammy G | 30 Aug 2016, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    I have had to lodge a claim after being insured with Youi for 7 years ....Well guess what they do not cover this damage ...surprise surprise.....
  • Mr Black | 31 Aug 2016, 06:58 AM Agree 0
    I wouldn't even consider them to be low cost. Every time I got a quote from them they were WAY more expensive than the others. I don't even bother checking now. They don't get me
  • Boris | 20 Feb 2017, 06:31 AM Agree 0
    At ASIC
    We get Youi's
  • I'm not a robot | 25 Feb 2017, 06:54 AM Agree 0
    Youi was fined $500,000 in August and December 2016 for deceptive conduct and dodgy sales tactics.
    If you have ever dealt with Youi, check your credit card now as there is a good chance they debited your card just for the privilege (in their minds) of speaking with them to get a quote.
    Foreign owned businesses like Youi (South African)that are found guilty of fraud and misconduct should be closed down by ASIC with their file stamped "Never to trade in Australia again".
    It may sound harsh and many would be concerned for the jobs lost however, I'm sure another insurer would do a "snap buy out" of the business (greatly reduced price) and tidy things up real quick.
Post a reply