Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 12 Feb 2016, 09:30 AM Agree 0
A major international insurer has posted a 37% drop in business operating profits and announced that it will cut around 8000 roles across its business by 2018
  • Justin | 12 Feb 2016, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    Wow 8,000. Did these staff not do anything in the first place. Good thing it was not a drop of 38% in profits, they might have had to close the doors.
  • CHRIS CALDICOTT | 12 Feb 2016, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    Problem is they will sack, woops let go the wrong people. 8,000 going are the workers, the 150 or so people who made the decisions that cost so much will hang in their.
  • KB | 12 Feb 2016, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    To all those Zurich people I have dealt with in Adelaide and Interstate , you are all some of the best people in this business.
    Others should snap you up .All the best
  • Michael | 12 Feb 2016, 01:45 PM Agree 0
    You cant slash 8,000 jobs and continue to service your customers the same way. I wonder if any of the execs fall within that 8000 i bet its the poor claims people who actually look after customers and they'll be less of them and have to work more for peanuts
  • Broker | 16 Feb 2016, 08:45 AM Agree 0
    So they still made US1.8billion after tax??

Not exactly on the poverty line....surely some trimming and a change in direction to ensure the trend doesn't continue is required rather than wholesale sackings....which will lead to less service and even worse results!
  • Justin | 16 Feb 2016, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    My concern is larger organisations are losing sight of one of their roles in society (talking social here, not business). That is keeping people employed for the good of the nation/s. Profits are important but employment is also. Without employment, there is no consumer.
  • Broker | 22 Feb 2016, 02:46 PM Agree 0
    All of the corporates seem more concerned with offering new products into the emerging markets which is were a large number of the middle class jobs have gone. Its called Free Trade more like bad trade if your a middle/lower income earneed
Post a reply