Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 13 Aug 2014, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Regulators are investigating a complaint that a telemarketing company is masquerading as a brokerage.
  • Mark Beard | 21 Aug 2014, 03:37 PM Agree 0
    My elderly mother-in-law received two unsolicited calls from a telemarketer in the last few days saying they represent Orion Insurance. The first time they called she stated that she was on a Do Not Call (DNC) Register but they went on to ask what was her DNC reference number. They called again even after her advise.
  • Karyn Lenson | 27 Aug 2014, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    I have had 2 calls this week from "Orion Insurance" about funeral insurance. It's a private number and sounds like it's overseas. They ask for Mrs Lenson and hang up if I mention the do not call register.
  • Robert Fleming | 03 Oct 2014, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    I am the owner of Orion Insurance. As I made reference too in the piece above, this is not me, I have not authorised any telemarketers. They have stolen my company name. I have tried to pursue it further with NSW Fair Trading but have come up against a brick wall as I don't have any information on the company who are making the calls.

I am sorry for anyone's inconvenience, but please know that Orion Insurance do not use telemarketers.
  • Philip Cumpston | 01 Apr 2015, 12:31 PM Agree 0
    Repeated calls from scammers over the last two weeks. Is there any way to trace these calls and find the group involved? The latest was at 11:30 on 01/01/2015
Post a reply