Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 13 Mar 2014, 08:33 AM Agree 0
Continuing growth and more investment in online services are set to characterise the next evolution of insurance broking – but brokers are increasingly developing an appetite for M&A.
  • Robert Cooper | 13 Mar 2014, 11:22 AM Agree 0
    I believe these increased figures on those Brokers contemplating selling is based on aging Brokers looking to retirement and the increased interest from cashed up cluster groups such as Austbrokers and Steadfast looking to grow even stronger. For many it is worth considering their futures.
    What worries me is all this fantastic skill and experience built up over many years from such Brokers may disappear from the industry.
  • Forbsey | 13 Mar 2014, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    I welcome the retirement of old ideas, old mentality and parochial business skills. The days are numbered for those used to doing business on the back of a fag packet and they should cash in while they can. Time to get out of the way and allow our industry to thrive in a fresher and more contemporary arena.
  • David Coe | 13 Mar 2014, 02:42 PM Agree 0
    Hi myself have been on the acquition trail for the past 3 years, creating a larger client base, therefore promoting rapid growth. We do need to position ourselves in a way that we can gather resources and facilitate the ever evolving manner in which business is being conducted. Traditional ways are still good and should be still practiced, however, if a business is not prepared to alter or adapt, they themselves could end up being obsolete in the future. It is a fact, that the new generation of customers expectations are somewhat different to what some of us are use to and we need to harness & implement ideas to capture this market, or, online or internet savy insurers will.
  • Jack | 14 Mar 2014, 10:26 AM Agree 0
    Well spoken Forbsey in response to Rob Coopers comments - Guessing you are a Gen Y that doesn't own the broking business or certainly, never started up the business from scratch? There is still "wisdom" in some (not all) of the old ways of doing business and exceptional knowledge (and good personal service) is still power. Rob is not suggesting that we all move on .... but more that we do it with caution especially when we retire the wisdom!
Post a reply