Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brokers ‘looking for policies that pay decent commissions’

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 13 Aug 2012, 12:05 AM Agree 0
The latest simplistic evaluation of the value of an insurance broker claims that using a commission-hungry broker will result in paying $750 a year more in premiums.
  • Kay Jackson - Simplex | 13 Aug 2012, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    This is the worst article I have ever read - I believe NIBA should take action on such slanderous lies. A broker's Policy is normally dearer as the cover is better - Look at the FOS complaints and the client satisfaction after a claim when a Broker is used - The above article is UTTER CRAP
  • Left wing co0nsiracy theories | 13 Aug 2012, 11:23 AM Agree 0
    More poor quality work by academically disadvantaged producing 'findings' in accordance with their own preconceived ideas and bias. For starters every policy I renew always goes out with a full remuneration statement as required by law. My clients always get competitive quotes for quality products. Whatever idiot produced this research should return their arts degree back to Wal-Mart for a $20 refund.
  • Robert Cooper | 13 Aug 2012, 11:41 AM Agree 0
    We follow the NIBA code of practice and always act in the best interests of the client. What commission we get from insurers is not considered when we are looking to put together a progamme of coverage that suits our clients.

There is naturally a consideration of remuneration and we have the option of Broker fees if needed. However with competition and the need to act ethically, it is a very short sighted Insurance Broker that follows what this article is suggesting. We are afterall in competition with each other.
  • Giles Thorman | 13 Aug 2012, 12:27 PM Agree 0
    I guess when your whole Industry seems to have become embroiled in the phone hacking saga and having to pay millions in compensation then a little bit of mud flicking about another Industry to move the spot light away is in order? Is this not the same Newspaper Group whose former owner jumped overboard as he had had his hands in the company pension plan? Seems at tad rich to me :)
Post a reply