Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

‘Brokers need to promote the industry better’

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 08 Oct 2012, 12:03 AM Agree 0
Speaking at the NIBA convention yesterday, an insurer has urged brokers and the industry at large to do a better job of promoting the value of insurance to the community.
  • Been There, Done That | 08 Oct 2012, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    The industry needs to brush off its dinosaur image in order to attract young talent into the industry. Most 18-35 years old in my experience think that insurance is a boring, stuffy industry that is full of old timer accountant types. I am 29 and have been in the industry for 10years. Having no direction at 19 I fell into an admin job with a broker and have never looked back. I am getting experience with all walks of life, all types of business, I am furthering my education, earning a decent wage and know that I will always find a job if needed in an industry that is hungry for people. All this whilst know I help people in times of trouble get back on their feet.
    This is how insurance should be marketed to improve the in take of talent and replacements for those nearing retirement.
Post a reply