Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 29 Aug 2014, 08:59 AM Agree 0
In the aftermath of Calliden and Steadfast revealing that the broker network is to buy the group, Insurance Business speaks to the insurance company about the deal and what will happen to the staff.
  • Purple Cow | 01 Sep 2014, 07:01 PM Agree 0
    Calliden hit the market in 2005 with much fan-fare about doing things different. They wanted to be the purple cow (i.e. unique) amongst all the other brown cows (i.e. other insurers). I recall Calliden even had a blow-up purple cow at a few conferences to symbolise their "USP".

Reality couldn't be further from the truth - they were just a brown cow that continually changed strategy seemingly to show that they were doing something.

Finally, someone has put this purple cow out of its misery. But, the real mysteries are three-fold:
    - why would Munich Re buy a business which contains fragments of the business which they off-loaded to Calliden in the first instance?
    - given that GPG sold their s/holding circa $0.50 in 2005, have Calliden depleted or grown s/holder value?
    - what ever happened to that blow-up purple cow?
Post a reply