Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 05 Jun 2015, 08:40 AM Agree 0
An insurance challenger brand has taken out the prestigious Insurer of the Year award beating 34 other insurers to the prize.
  • Cynical | 05 Jun 2015, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    Surely this belongs in the Far Out Friday section ???
    Budget Direct provides features that our customers truly value .... like what ??
  • Rick | 05 Jun 2015, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    Follow this link...
    http://www.productreview.com.au/p/budget-direct-car-insurance.html
  • Gary | 05 Jun 2015, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    Who the hell votes for this rubbish
  • Also cynical | 05 Jun 2015, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    I think Sepp Blatter must have been on the voting panel
  • Total Disbelief | 05 Jun 2015, 10:57 AM Agree 0
    Why are we rewarding an insurer for super cheap prices rather than a quality product, good service and most importantly, excellent claims experiences? With under insurance rife with consumers and a lack of understanding limitations and exclusions as it is, price should be lower on the scale of importance in decision making when choosing an insurer.
    I would rather have a comprehensive policy and be able to claim if I need to, rather than the cheapest policy I can find. What's the point in saving a few dollars if it costs you more when something goes wrong?
  • Scott | 05 Jun 2015, 11:02 AM Agree 0
    Clearly dont include claims service, quality of repair in their asessment. Does any Insurer really want to be named cheapest insurer?
  • Paul | 05 Jun 2015, 12:53 PM Agree 0
    Just proves what nonsense these awards are. Having just assisted a client to successfully defeat accusations of fraud and denial of a claim by a direct insurer I suggest we have an ASIC inquiry into the claims practices of leading insurers. The FOS, after a 6 month delay found for the client and awarded payment of $102k plus interest. The leading insurer behaved like complete mongrels. The language and tone of the declinature was appalling and amateurish. If the client had not made me aware he was dealing direct for his motor cover he would have been left floundering. The FOS process is difficult and tortuous and the support staff and not particularly useful or helpful. Still the consumer is to blame as they choose cheap and nasty over value in most cases. In insurance and in life you get what you pay for!
  • Jules | 09 Jun 2015, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    With people not paying attention to quality, it's a sad example of what we in insurance all fear, that price regardless of quality, is all they are after.
Post a reply