Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Choosi unveils its potential threat to brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 03 Oct 2012, 12:20 AM Agree 0
EXCLUSIVE: Insurance Business spoke with the managing director of comparison site Choosi to discuss if it will battle insurance brokers or target commercial insurance and small businesses in the future…
  • Mark | 04 Oct 2012, 10:57 AM Agree 0
    'Our business model is about providing consumers with the information they need to make the right choice'. The problem is the they talk on their ads about how much people will save by using them, not how better covered the client will be.
  • Mark Thomas | 04 Oct 2012, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    BIG difference between CHEAP and QUALITY- very easy to sell against.

To Mark above with comment ..I would love to have a chat with you.

I like what you say and where you stand. Should you read this and the post is allowed please e-mail me with contact details via mark777077 at bigpond dot com dot au

Many thanks.
  • In Advance Financial Management | 04 Oct 2012, 01:31 PM Agree 0
    The value of insurance should be measured at the time of the claim, not at the time of the sale. It makes no difference if it is cheap or expensive if the claim is not there and if you need to go through hurdles of 1300 numbers. Ultimately that is what you pay the broker for - the claims process
  • Dean McCauley | 04 Oct 2012, 02:24 PM Agree 0
    It is inevitable that sites such as Choosi & iSelect will have an impact on the broker market especially in the short term, but I do not believe that it will become an us v them situation in the long term. These sites (whilst here to stay), will carve out their own niche but brokers will continue on as usual. Like Mark Thomas says, there is a "BIG difference between CHEAP and QUALITY." At the end of the day, nothing will replace the advice and service of Brokers and ARs, especially in the sense of commercial insurance. As many articles I have read to date about the recent floods attest, the insureds with the best coverage at the most competitive premiums are those that use brokers.
  • Steve Halbert | 04 Oct 2012, 06:15 PM Agree 0
    We only have to look a bit further down this newsletter regarding the pitfalls of omline placement to picture the problems faced by clients using an aggregator to arrange insurance.If we make a mistake we pay for it quite rightly. If the customer goes direct they are on their own
  • Victor Caballero | 05 Oct 2012, 09:21 AM Agree 0
    It might be worthwile disclosing that Choosi is owned by Hollard - not sure why commercial insurers would want to reveal rates to a competitor..and probably a key reason why commercial insurers have supported bizcover - which is owned by a broker (Mega Capital).
Post a reply