Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 02 Mar 2015, 08:57 AM Agree 0
A global survey of insurance trends and customer satisfaction has found that Australian customer experience has dropped and a certain segemnt of the population is to blame for the falling experience in the broker sector.
  • Paul | 02 Mar 2015, 09:51 AM Agree 0
    My experience is the polar opposite of this survey and comments made. Increasingly Gen Y clients are seeking out my firm for personal advice for business insurance largely due to the dissatisfaction with off the shelf products, usually purchased on line. The more savvy young people who may begin with direct or web products also have accountants and solicitors. These centres of influence regularly see the messy insurance arrangements their clients have entered into and refer Gen Y clients to us. Websites and direct offerings cannot replace advice from a trusted advisers.
    In the end the web based and direct clients are the lowest hanging fruit.
  • Alex Damon | 02 Mar 2015, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    OMG another survey concluding we are doing things so badly. Call me an old Luddite but I suspect that core broking will remain a face to face people business (even if that is delivered electronically) and that if we are all in a mad flap trying to satisfy the fickle demands of increasingly volatile internet-driven business we will all indeed go mad (and broke). And you know Generation Y will get older like the rest of us and increasingly realise that expertise and stability deliver the best 'customer experience' in the end.
  • Dipak Sahoo | 02 Mar 2015, 10:10 PM Agree 0
    Thanks Alex and Paul for the comments. This study is based on actual response from approx 15500 insurance customers across 30 countries. The Australian part of the statistics was based on a sizeable sample. Surprisingly Australia is one of the few countries where direct channel has better positive experience than intermediates channel.
  • 18yrs in UK Insurance | 18 Mar 2015, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    Insurance companies/brokers are not the only ones that need to improve on their customer service but businesses in general in Australia. I have had the most appalling customer service from the majority of businesses I have dealt with here and I have changed companies due to this. I have only lived in Australia for 2 years and there is lot that needs improving.
  • David | 20 Oct 2016, 11:13 PM Agree 0
    According Australia’s International Business Survey 2016, all the sectors in Australia needs improvement not only insurance sector.The domestic factors are influencing international competitiveness, including their ability to access finance. It all depends on demographics of participating businesses including size, experience and the role of international earnings.
Post a reply