Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 21 Jul 2014, 08:24 AM Agree 0
Several insurer staff are rumoured to be leaving a business as a result of a major acquisition but the acquiring company says it is a small figure.
  • Janine | 21 Jul 2014, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    The communication from IAG & Senior Management of Lumley has been very forthcoming, open & honest. I feel after being through several acquisitions that this has been the best managed one to date - seamless. I think it is normal for people to seek other opportunities when they are uncertain of their future. It all comes down to the individual person and how they best handle change. Having worked now at both companies, I am excited for the NEW Company & what it will offer with the talented people it will present to the market! Good times ahead.
  • Ex-Lumley staff member | 21 Jul 2014, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    At least it will stop the pre June fire sale from Lumley who were clearly trying to ramp up GWP to maximise the sale price. Good riddance to what was a fantastic Company.
  • Barry Cross | 21 Jul 2014, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    So nice to read a positive take on the often feared spectre of change.
  • Bart | 25 Nov 2014, 05:28 PM Agree 0
    I used to work at iag and when I read about their "very advanced systems" I fell off my chair laughîng. I've worked at a lot of IT shops in Melbourne and there's nothing advanced about their IT !!! i90 is a dinosaur !!! Their cultures not the best either and maybe the lumley people knew that. Don't blame them either.
  • camila | 10 Aug 2016, 10:17 PM Agree 0
    This is because of communication gap between the company and the staff. In merger and acquisition process pre- information to the employees is required, so that they have sufficient time to search for new job. In case it is rumour, the company is required to hold meeting with the employee, so that this misunderstanding will be washed away and companies work may not suffer. investmentbank.com/mergers-and-acquisitions/
Post a reply