Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 30 Oct 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Brokers are going on a state-wide tour of NSW offering free help and advice to NSW bushfire victims.
  • John Kanard | 30 Oct 2013, 09:48 AM Agree 0
    Seems like a perfect opportunity for retired, or recently made redundant loss adjusters to do the same!
  • Male Broker | 30 Oct 2013, 09:50 AM Agree 0
    Nothing is ever for free in this world....whats the catch.?
  • LC | 30 Oct 2013, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    Good work Kate. It's great to see someone in our industry using some initative to show that we do care, and that we're there to help.

I hope ANZIIF and NIBA take note - they can take a leaf from your book!
  • Kate Fairley | 30 Oct 2013, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    The catch is, I'll be up for all the costs myself unless some lovely people can help me out :)

We need to start taking action in these situations, brokers need to lift their game in terms of public awareness and Get Informed is trying its hardest to facilitate this, but it's just not going to be possible until the broking community gets behind it.
  • Scott | 30 Oct 2013, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    Seems a great way to spruik brokers; a perfect chance for a business like Get Informed!

Kate deserves a good pat on the back for her quick response, especially the water bottle work.
  • Gary Everdell | 30 Oct 2013, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    Kate , I have connections with a few Motel Chains - which could be of assistance with Accom costs + they may be able to connect you with others in Accom etc in regions outside of directly where fires have been worst.
    If you think it could be useful in your efforts happy to provide you contact name and numbers directly.

Gary 0416 178 914
  • Leigh-Anne Byrom | 30 Oct 2013, 12:01 PM Agree 0
    Fantastic!!! Kate…
    It’s wonderful to see the Insurance industry giving a great service to the Community in their time of need!
    Well done you… thats what it’s all about… helping as best you can in anyway you can…
  • Paul | 30 Oct 2013, 12:45 PM Agree 0
    Good initiative. I have clients who lost everything in the bushfire at Yellow Rock. I have visited regularly and am in daily phone contact. Allianz have responded magnificently and the client is well informed of the process and has received progress payments. Let's hope each sector of the Insurance Industry continues to respond well as the publicity fades and clients face the arduous task of rebuilding.
  • Kate Fairley | 30 Oct 2013, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for all the support guys, we now have 5 brokers donating their time, but we need money to advertise this donation otherwise it will go unused. Please head on over to http://startsomegood.com/nswbushfiresupport to pledge your donation, every dollar helps
  • Jessica | 31 Oct 2013, 11:17 AM Agree 0
    Kate Fairly nice idea. What insurance qualifications, training and experience do you have?

How are you planning on assisting bushfire victims?
  • Kate Fairley | 31 Oct 2013, 11:33 AM Agree 0
    Hi Jessica, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn where my insurance career is listed in detail, also if you search Insurance Business Online for 'Kate Fairley' you'll find all the other stories about myself and Get Informed.

Get Informed doesn't sell insurance, it provides free information to consumers so there's no perceived sales pressure, explains the benefits of a broker and then connects them. We're using this same model to connect bushfire victims with (5 and counting) local insurance brokers who will be able to assist them in the months to come.
Post a reply