Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 23 Oct 2014, 08:13 AM Agree 0
Nicki Tofler, member services and relationships manager at NIBA, talks about joining the insurance industry, raising the standard of education among brokers and dining with the People's Princess.
  • Shane Brady | 23 Oct 2014, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    Nice work Nicki, next time I see you remind me to give you a crash course in AFL!
  • John | 23 Oct 2014, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    What an appalling answer with regard to international aid, is this lady really someone we want advocating for our industry with such small minded opinions.

We're just about the richest country in the world, if we can't lend a hand to the poorer countries then no-one can.

• Paul | 23 Oct 2014, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    Well said John, bizarre way to introduce yourself to an industry as broad as ours with a rich history of charitable activity at home and overseas.
  • Steve | 23 Oct 2014, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    Steady, John, this was a light-hearted interview, not a political manifesto. Feel free to disagree, but no need to be nasty.
  • Nicki | 23 Oct 2014, 12:28 PM Agree 0
    I said: "REVIEW spending" - not terminate. I don't have a problem with Australia helping out poorer countries, but it is a well known fact that we waste billions of dollars on international aid every year that doesn't benefit those who really need it - Please don't comment unless you have the facts.
  • John | 23 Oct 2014, 01:33 PM Agree 0
    Hi Nicki,

My language may have been a little agricultural earlier and as Steve said it is a transcript of a short interview.

The reason for my comment was that the foreign aid mention did raise my hackles a little bit as the issue has been kicked around in the media for a while without proper reference to our global standing.

The operative words which prompted my earlier comment were not 'review spending' but rather 'redirect the funds', which I think I reasonably interpreted as a reduction in our overseas aid budget.
  • Marcus Hamill | 23 Oct 2014, 02:52 PM Agree 0
    Appalled? Your spellcheck should read applaud John. Is this someone we want advocating our industry? You bet it is. I've met Nicki and always found her extremely supportive of brokers and appreciate her positive attitude. She also has an opinion about improving Australian welfare. Good on her.
  • Paul | 23 Oct 2014, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    And which "facts" would you like to point us all towards to support your statement of billions being wasted? Some readers may find it ironic that someone who is responsible for member relationships is taking this tone with members.

Oh and you might want to check your "facts" about insurers and brokers being "fierce competitors", that's news to us in broker land. We talk partnerships and relationships with our insurer partners, something NIBA could think a bit more about.
  • Daniela | 23 Oct 2014, 11:19 PM Agree 0
    Good responses Nicki!!!
    Hi five to the Soy Caps :)
  • Arianne Bath | 24 Oct 2014, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    Nicki you are such a lovely lady with wonderful views.
    I am glad you aren't an astronaut so you can be with NIBA because you do such an amazing job!
    A wonderful interview with GREAT responses.
  • Barry Cross | 24 Oct 2014, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    There you go Nicki, stick your head above the parapet... and out come the snipers!
  • Alyce | 14 Jan 2015, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say excellent blog!
  • Nas | 15 Jan 2015, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    I have met Nicki on various occasions and always found her to be supportive and helpful. She is a great ambassador for NIBA and the industry in general
Post a reply