Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 07 May 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The founder of three underwriting agencies has formally launched a new business designed to help brokers whose clients have international exposures.
  • Paul | 07 May 2013, 11:53 AM Agree 0
    Great idea! I have had much experience dealing with clients whose head offices are in Australia but manufacture and trade overseas. Most mainstream insurers don't get it! Successful small and medium businesses are widening their horizons and realise 23M people can't sustain their ambitions. Insurers assume only the international brokers deal with clients who have expanded overseas. A small but highly regarded manufacturer says " Australia is great to have an office but the world market is our opportunity. he manufactures in Asia, sells to the world leveraging on an iconic Aussie name. However putting in place programmes to cover business interruption, products liability etc is very challenging as are the cross border issues. Every major insurer wants to chase business packs as do the aggregators. That market is limited and not expanding.Good luck to Robbie Mauldon. I'm sure his experience will even the playing field for local brokers assisting their clients to advance Australian businesses as they expand overseas.
Post a reply