Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 09 Dec 2014, 08:42 AM Agree 0
The independent Australian Government actuary has released its report on the state of the insurance industry in Queensland and finds a startling increase for home owners and a lack of profitability for insurers.
  • Sunny from Sunny QLD | 09 Dec 2014, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    Nice to see that this article has been published in an insurance centric media outlet. I cannot imagine that this will make main stream media, as this is WAY to factual & nowhere near SENSATIONAL enough to promote anything insurance related to the general public! It's nice to see that the government has commissioned the report but I'm not sure that it will make any difference in their own or community sediment on this issue.
  • David P | 09 Dec 2014, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    Sunny, you need to read the paper more often. The point of sustainability and the losses insurers incur in Nth QLD was raised in the Courier Mail yesterday.
  • The (Northern) Oracle | 09 Dec 2014, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    The point ICA's Rob Whelan misses is how to sustain the market in the short to medium term. In my view the all sectors of the Australian Insurance industry have no choice but to adopt and advocate the Insurance Pool Model as suggested by Allianz.
  • Kate | 09 Dec 2014, 04:10 PM Agree 0
    I would claim this is not correct. I would guarantee there has been more damage in the SE corner of Qld over the past several years from floods and storms. With most of the population now living in the SE corner it is only a matter of time before those in North Qld either cannot or refuse to pay insurance premiums.
Post a reply