Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 22 Jan 2014, 08:34 AM Agree 0
Having difficulty finding capable admin staff? One company says it has found the key.
  • Jenny Richards | 22 Jan 2014, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    I'm really interested in this because I am finding it very time consuming getting the right person to start with and then keeping them for more than three months.
    A lot of my time is being taken up getting admin help and it is very frustrating when the young person just texts me they are not coming back to work. When I ring them to find out why, they just say they had accepted a number of jobs and were just going to the one they thought was better. So they started with my business at the same time they were still applying for other jobs.
    I really wish now that I had done some sort of psych testing to find out if they were the right fit.
  • Tony Roberts | 23 Jan 2014, 08:22 AM Agree 0
    I keep up to date on insurance & legislation, do the books, manage a team of 3, organize subbies, do my bit of the work and keep the work coming in.
    No time to fuss around with someone that doesn't want to do the work. No idea facebook & other whizzy internet stuff. If someone can get good admin for me then it's one less thing I have to worry about. Life's too short.
  • Colin Mccabe | 07 Feb 2014, 09:36 PM Agree 0
    Many of the challenges faced by employers when taking on young people can be overcome through a variety of screen techniques. Testing for motivation, resiliance, aptitude and appropriateness for role often ensures a high success rate. Knowing where to find the good applicants to screen in the first place also helps.
Post a reply