Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 06 Sep 2013, 08:58 AM Agree 0
Almost every insurance professional has ‘fallen into’ the industry – but is this the only way? Kathryn Considine considers how to make insurance a conscious career choice.
  • Mike Sullivan | 06 Sep 2013, 09:23 AM Agree 0
    When the institute had people on the ground in Queensland the President and others took the opportunity to visit schools.

The institute, ICA NIBA STEADFAST need to do more at the year 10 to 12 students
  • Scott | 06 Sep 2013, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    A good article and one I relate to a lot.
  • Kate Fairley | 06 Sep 2013, 12:26 PM Agree 0
    Excellent work Kathryn! Exactly what needs to be done.
  • Jane | 09 Sep 2013, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    Well done Kathryn. I agree with your comment about the "office job". Insurance is rarely considered by school leavers, yet it is an industry in which they can develop personally and professionally.
  • Rhiannon Denver | 11 Sep 2013, 09:53 AM Agree 0
    Agreed Kathryn - there is a lack of awareness that the industry has copious opportunities to offer for career minded youth.

The YP (Young Professionals) CQIB committee has recently recognised this and have taken action by visiting schools and career expos throughout Brisbane. Our goal to be exactly this - creating awareness and generating interest. We have done so by promoting benefits the industry offers that appeal to school leavers, such as the versatile roles available, earning an income while learning, and the reach & size of the insurance industry locally, nationally and internationally.

Our focus to promote awareness is part of a developing vision to assist future industry labour demands, and we look forward to any support as we continue in our endeavours.
  • Tatiana Karkova | 18 Feb 2014, 02:08 PM Agree 0
    Kathryn, great input into raising awareness about the industry and career opportunities among the school leavers. I really like your idea about summer vacation work possibilities - would work both ways, for the young people and for the companies to identify talent to recruit and grow within the company. Great article.
Post a reply