Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 13 Oct 2014, 09:19 AM Agree 0
Insurers are struggling to keep up with the pace of innovation, which is largely being driven by new market entrants.
  • Damo | 13 Oct 2014, 10:30 AM Agree 0
    Australia is so far behind other major countries when it comes to IT technology, in both the insurer and broker space, it really is laughable.

Rather than design user friendly systems across the board which everyone can operate, we are in a ruck whereby most brokers pass even the most relatively easy processing tasks onto assistants as the IT software is so dreadful.

Why do we continue using the same old painful timestaking IT systems? The answer is because we have always used them, and there are no adequate alternatives at the minute.

Take a trip to the US, London, France and have a look at their IT, you really wont believe your eyes, and in the long run I know from personal experience that cost efficiency will be obtained as well as reducing processing time and improving the overall look of documents.
  • Rob | 13 Oct 2014, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    Is WinBeat really the best we have? Ugh!
  • Robert Cooper | 13 Oct 2014, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    The main reason we chose NAS Insurance Brokers to team up with and become a corporate authorised representative of them was due to their great IT Systems and constant striving to improve them from their dedicated IT staff they employ. Because the rest of the market's Broking software systems are so archaic.
    From what I have seen, many Insurers systems are not much better.
  • NSW Broker | 13 Oct 2014, 01:42 PM Agree 0
    Strange comments, because a couple of the AR's I have spoken to who moved away from NAS (to firms such as Winley), spoke of NAS's poor track record in keeping up with IT changes, so much so that it was now lagging behind Winbeat?
  • Phil | 13 Oct 2014, 07:35 PM Agree 0
    That's so they can justify their winging and exit from NAS to someone else and not just themselves. NAS's IT systems are great and leave most for dead!
Post a reply