Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 01 Oct 2015, 08:41 AM Agree 0
Ride-sharing services such as Uber have been boosted by one state’s decision to legalise its services and the insurance industry has praised the move.
  • Terry Mills | 01 Oct 2015, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    At the moment CTP Green Slips cost around $8,500 to $9,500 for taxis in the ACT and private cars are around $600 a year.

The big question is what level of viable premium will Uber drivers be faced with : at first glance the assessable risk of an Uber compared to a taxi is not greatly different
  • Hajis of Sydey | 01 Oct 2015, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    I disagree Terry, an uber vehicle is typically not on the road for the same number of hours per day, every day - although I concede that it's possible. I also expect that the privately owned cars are better maintained than most of the death trap taxis I see on a daily basis.
  • john | 01 Oct 2015, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    Has uber got workers compensation for all their drivers because taxi operators have to have approx 2000 a year per car what happens when a driver injures their self
Post a reply