Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 23 Apr 2014, 07:47 AM Agree 0
When you think of rock stars, images of Iggy Pop and Mick Jagger demolishing guitars may come to mind, but it's being claimed actuaries are also rockers.
  • Joe Johnson | 23 Apr 2014, 09:44 PM Agree 0
    Are these the same actuaries that have placed the Life Insurance Industry on the brink after massive losses due to poor pricing and govenrnance? In my experience Actuaries are quick to assume senior roles and senior salaries but take no responsibilioty when it all goes wrong, which it has. Rock Stars???? Maybe one hit wonders...
  • Sharanjit Paddam | 21 May 2014, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    Rockstars aside, I welcome this initiative from the Actuaries Institute.

Actuaries are unique, their mathematical rigour combined with commercial acumen, enables them to turn complex data into business-changing knowledge.

Businesses today have data coming out of their ears and actuaries can distil this data and provide the clarity required to decide the best course of action.

This campaign will inform business that actuaries have the training and skills to find solutions to some of Australia’s biggest business challenges.
Post a reply