Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Insurance broking wages: are you underpaid?

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 21 May 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Are you getting paid enough? How much is your boss earning? How much would you earn in another state? We consult the insurance broking section of the Hays APAC salary guide for the answers.
  • Trevor Lofts | 21 May 2012, 12:36 PM Agree 0
    This is a very simple survey which seems more to be looking for business for Hayes than factual information. It is difficult to allow any credence to a report which uses un-defined terms for positions.
  • Fran Wooden | 21 May 2012, 02:01 PM Agree 0
    I find the report from Hayes is very vague, my query with the figures are on what terms was the report compiled i.e. city based? and were experience and qualifications of the employee considered.
  • Jim Malady | 21 May 2012, 02:28 PM Agree 0
    These numbers look a fair way from reality to me. Apart from the fact that good people are few and far between, we are looking at closer to $60K for a decent AAE,$65K would be rock bottom for an AE and SAM managers are $120K+ minimum. Not sure where their stats are coming from.
  • Peter Brown | 21 May 2012, 04:45 PM Agree 0
    The wages quoted in the article may create an unrealistic expectation - there is no mention of what localities/regions the wages relate to and there is a real difference between metro and country. Furthermore, the article heading has confrontational implications and could have been worded more appropriately.
  • Neville Cheverton | 23 May 2012, 03:46 PM Agree 0
    The real issue with the salaries is it totally depends on how these categories apply in each broking house. Many of these roles are different depending on the broking house and as such, I don't think there is any reality in the numbers. Perhaps the salaries should be compared based on duties, level of responsibiluity etc rather than a title. This is certainly more about promoting Hays rather than providing meaningful data
Post a reply