Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 21 May 2015, 08:46 AM Agree 0
A landmark study into people’s reaction to natural disasters has revealed some shocking truths on the claims process following flooding, with the aftermath of a disaster often worse than the disaster itself.
  • Just an Observer | 21 May 2015, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    It would be interesting AND useful is this research also identified if there was a difference between the claimants who had a broker handle their insurance and those who dealt direct because they "know" as much about insurance as a broker and thus can save a few dollars !!

Unfortunately this sort of research yet again lumps ALL those involved in the insurance industry in the same pot.

If the researcher had any understanding of the industry you would think that identifying if there was any difference between those who use a broker and those who deal direct would be an important factor is the analysis. Rather than taking the EASY route!! But then what do you expect....... Any reason and opportunity to kick the insurance industry!!
  • Karen | 21 May 2015, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    Tell us something we didn't know! That's why consumers need brokers....we thrive on post disaster stress!
  • Angela | 21 May 2015, 10:21 PM Agree 0
    Interesting but not a surprising article.. How many of these claimants had an insurance broker and/or the right insurance cover? I've seen personally how devastating this can be, however with good sound advice & appropriate cover, the likelihood of this level of stress is greatly reduced.
  • Pat Warnock | 22 May 2015, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    I was surprised to hear very few complaints above insurance handling of claims after the Rockhampton cyclone in 2015. So have the companies lifted their game?
  • Brent | 22 May 2015, 12:02 PM Agree 0
    How obvious! Perhaps it would have been helpful to compare the stress of people who weren't Insured. This really gives the Industry nothing to work with. While it would be interesting to see the results for broker assisted claims, I'd also like to see the breakdown on claims handled by qualified loss adjusters. Here, I'm not talking about assessors or those with no insurance & loss adjusting qualifications. I have almost 40 years experience as a qualified Chartered Loss Adjuster and the stories I hear from people about their experience with builders or other people sent out by their Insurers to look at claims leaves me cold. Maybe it's also time that brokers insisted that insurers use properly qualified claims professionals for their clients claims. You get what you pay for.
Post a reply