Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 20 Mar 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
An insurer has been thrust into the spotlight again after further job cut rumours and a decision to reduce exposure in one particular business line.
  • Craig Mizon | 20 Mar 2013, 02:56 PM Agree 0
    Yes but we are loosing a team of expert property claim officers in NSW who work brilliantly together backing each other up to provide a seamless service to us brokers and clients. Two are going to major claims and the rest are going to Workers Comp. They better increase the number of policies that can be handled by Claimwrite or risk loosing business.
  • P Brown | 20 Mar 2013, 03:00 PM Agree 0
    Whilst it is appreciated that injured workers require, and deserve, to have their cases properly and promptly managed on an on-going basis, I fail to see the situation with general insurance claimants as being any different. Insureds pay premiums in the expectation that, should they suffer a loss, irrespective of size or value, they will be promptly and properly looked after by their insurer. According to QBE, general clients aren't as important and can be looked after off-shore! In my opinion, businesses who rely on the Australian public for their revenue should be, in return, supporting Australia by keeping jobs on-shore!
  • Truth | 20 Mar 2013, 03:46 PM Agree 0
    QBE are not 'cutting jobs' they are letting their numbers reduce through natural attrition. The Australian workforce will reduce and the Philippines will grow. QBE are good at sugar coating the truth, just remember no jobs will be lost!!
  • Just a thought | 25 Mar 2013, 02:23 PM Agree 0
    4 QBE people made redundunt Adelaide ,same breath telling us how good claimswrite handling in Phillipines is good . ???
    QBE staff from Aust are training Manilla staff,
    Do Manilla staff have to do studies like we do?
    Have we over regulated to the point of over
    qualifiying and overpricing Insurance staff to the point of redunduncy.
Post a reply