Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 03 Mar 2016, 08:45 AM Agree 0
One industry player has spoken out about the state of the Australian insurance industry following the launch of a new brand that will target women in a key insurance market
  • Street Broker | 03 Mar 2016, 09:45 AM Agree 0
    I don't get it. Is Webster truly saying women need to have wordings explained to them differently than a man? Sounds a bit condescending to me ...
  • Jack | 03 Mar 2016, 09:57 AM Agree 0
    Beats me how a Travel Policy can be focused on "Gender?" ..... Are we that much different when we travel, loss of deposits, medical, kidnap ....or are you implying woman just want cheap? ... I don't believe that! They want comprehensive and are willing (just like other gender?) ... to pay the premium. Why is travel insurance Gender issue and why are 2 thirds of your buyers woman - Do they travel more?
    Just have the BEST policy - Gender should not make any difference
  • Malcolm Saunders | 03 Mar 2016, 10:02 AM Agree 0
    I would have thought policies are generic, male or female. Why does one have to be so politically ridiculous to target females. If I was a female I would say this is patronizing or condescending. Broaden your outlook.
  • Street Broker | 03 Mar 2016, 10:29 AM Agree 0
    Just had a flashback! I remember back in the day Alan Bond brought out a beer targeted at women. That was the whole marketing pitch, TV ads the works. It tasted vile. Neither gender wanted to be seen drinking it and the product (pardon the pun) tanked.
  • Dumbfounded of Sydney | 04 Mar 2016, 09:07 PM Agree 0
    Niche of the niche .... this is a shake up? For pete's (unisex name) sake, don't dress up up another version of 'Pink' as ground breaking. UK female only insurer has to extend to men as they couldn't win enough business.
Post a reply