Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 21 Aug 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A major insurer has vowed to keep job cuts to a minimum during its multimillion dollar efficiency drive, but refused to be drawn on how many more Australian jobs may be lost.
  • Mishell Currie | 21 Aug 2013, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    As a claims manager I have already noticed an immediate & negative impact the "offshoring of jobs" has had on the previous excellent service I have experienced.

Whilst appreciating that "Transformation" (i.e cost cutting) measures may have been necessary, such ruthless action with further redundancies, redeployments, advice on rate increases and falls in profit advice, can only have continued negative impacts on Broker's confidence that we will have good service and competitive products to take to our markets.

Mishell Currie - Claims & Client Liaison Manager - I&S Insurance Broking Group
  • Bruce | 21 Aug 2013, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    Michelle they just don't care. The days of Australian corporates having a social conscience have long gone. The driver for these guys is getting the share price up so their options and shares make them rich.
  • Disgruntled customer | 21 Aug 2013, 12:20 PM Agree 0
    They have extremely poor service when it comes to claims management - have been chasing them for more than 15 months and they keep coming up with lame excuses and delay tactics all the time.....no choice left but to take them to court....and from what I hear, not alone in experiencing this.
  • Paul | 22 Aug 2013, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    I have an urgent motor vehicle claim to register.The previous broker failed to assist. My client is being pursued by a collections agency. I have waited over 48 hours simply for a response. The claims dept in Manilla is obviously under water as news articles attest. How you can offshore such a vital service and pretend to be broker/client focused is nonsense. Clearly QBE is losing the confidence of the broker community and will pay a very high price.
    Paul
Post a reply