Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 28 Apr 2014, 03:09 PM Agree 0
An insurer has followed through on promises to provide new broker business development tools focused on SMEs, while defending its previous commission reductions on home cover.
  • Mr Curious | 29 Apr 2014, 09:36 AM Agree 0
    I wonder which broker or brokers VERO spoke to before making the decision to cut commissions and what their comments were? I think there has only been limited feedback on the commission adjustment because the negotiation is complete (well lack of negotiation/consultation) It is quite a dictatorial and arrogant approach to take when in the next breath you say you are looking to partner & support brokers and "here's a video to show your clients" ....aren't we good guys. how can we not be cynical???
  • Rick Davis | 29 Apr 2014, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    The concept is good but it is a shame Vero could not stretch to the expense of using real actors, apparently cartoon characters reflect real life situations more realistically.
  • Robert Cooper | 29 Apr 2014, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    It is good to see Vero prove to themselves why Brokers add very good value to small to medium business. However, now Vero needs to demonstrate why they are a very good brand to place business with. While we act in the client's best interests, Vero is not necessarily acting in Insurance Brokers best interests which ultimately affects the service we provide to our clients. I am not just talking about commissions, but all the other aspects an insurer needs to provide. This includes service and their approach to claims.
  • John Elliott | 30 Apr 2014, 10:06 AM Agree 0
    I don't understand how they can say that by reducing commission on these lines the consumer is no worse off. How do they think we pay for the Professionals who give the advice, our claims staff, and for the services and facilities we provide for the clients. Saying that the consumer is not effected by this is a joke. Should we just provide Vero clients with 25% less service and support that we do the other supportive insurers clients?
Post a reply