Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 13 Nov 2014, 09:03 AM Agree 0
A leading insurer has sent a briefing note to MPs warning that the proposed changes to the Queensland insurance market would not be covered by a broker's PI cover, as one broker hits back at the proposed plans.
  • Magnus Carlsen | 13 Nov 2014, 10:31 AM Agree 0
    Its quite evident what the Government is doing. Its removing the NQ problem from the hands of the consumers, to that of the insurance industry.. I don't know why Cormann just doesn't come out and say "Its your problem not ours, or the communities. You are in the business of insurance, find a way to make it work".
  • DSW | 13 Nov 2014, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    Why are the myriad of Govt and other bodies who say they represent the interests of consumers silent on this issue? Blind Freddie knows "you get what you pay for" and cheap premiums in high risk locations scream out LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!
  • Karen | 13 Nov 2014, 12:21 PM Agree 0
    Excellent news....that's exactly what we've all been trying to say. Kudos to you Anonymous Insurer! Now all we need is EVERYONE to do the same.
  • Paul | 13 Nov 2014, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    As a long time Liberal supporter I am dismayed at Corman's lack of understanding on UFIs. ASIC pursued brokers and took legal action after the HIH debacle to stop some brokers placing business with dodgy UFIs. Time to abolish APRA and ASIC and have a General Insurance Commissioner who understands the Industry and can give proper advice to government.
Post a reply