Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Insurance Business | 06 Aug 2014, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Large insurance companies that do not step up to the challenge presented by online aggregators could end up being the hardest hit by their growth.
  • Aggregator Disbeliever | 06 Aug 2014, 12:17 PM Agree 0
    "The biggest losers in the success of online aggregators are large insurance companies that suddenly find themselves at risk,”

Surely the "biggest losers" in this scenario are the huge number of Insured's who will lose out at at claim time, due to having been incorrectly misled by these aggregators in to believing that price, not extent of cover, is the most important factor when purchasing Insurance...?
  • Aggregate Cover Instead | 07 Aug 2014, 04:25 PM Agree 0
    This "Biggest Loser" will be the consumer. Why isn't cover being compared? The customers buying on price only will be the same people lining up in the Ombudsman complaint line, the same people who go on TV because their insurance company didn't pay a claim, but they forget they paid a premium for no cover!
  • On the Fence | 08 Aug 2014, 03:31 PM Agree 0
    If coverage and claims service is key then why don't the big insurers work with these aggregators and negotiate these factors in exchange for their participation?
    I'm sure the aggregators would welcome their inclusion as it would give them more credibility.
    Me thinks the big insurers may not be as different as most people think.
    Of course this relates to domestic classes, commercial is too complex for this hence the brokers role
  • Comparing is King | 11 Aug 2014, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    There seems to be a lot of hype around comparisons showing price. From what I can see, this is only one element being compared. Comparisons also compare product features, provide all the relevant policy documentation, phone numbers for uncertainty or anything that requires further explanation and some even go as far as to show customer reviews. Agree with On the Fence, why don't the big insurers work with aggregators rather continue antiquated rants.
Post a reply