Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 02 Dec 2016, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Firm cites ‘poor’ claims experience as one of the reasons for its foundation and reveals its tactics
  • Claims Manager | 02 Dec 2016, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    A lot of big talk in using AI for the claims process. I am keen to seen how AI delivers the checks and balances in claims management yet delivering on expectations of claimants. Presently, expectations of the claimants at one end of the "customer expectation spectrum" is seeing the claims dept as an ATM.

I'm keeping an open mind but "I'd like to see that"...
  • John | 07 Dec 2016, 11:09 AM Agree 0
    As a broker, I appreciate that some clients have an expectation that everything is covered but equally some insurers make claims pretty hard to get legitimate claims paid.

I'm sure that there is padding in claims but this is often from third party providers rather than insureds. Insurance contracts are in good faith & I see too many instances were insureds are doubted or forced to provide onerous documentation beyond what the policy, good faith or ICA demands.

Many policies have quite generous additional benefits but trying to get these extensions paid can become a hard process.
Post a reply