Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 21 Jul 2015, 09:01 AM Agree 0
A comparison site has upped its tally of insurers to 24 with a new addition to its site, led by an industry veteran.
  • Broker+ | 21 Jul 2015, 11:44 AM Agree 0
    Buying any insurance product by price is fraught with danger as many found when caught out in Bali without Additional Expenses cover to cater for additional hotel costs during the volcanic disruption.
    My advice : use a broker (what else!)
  • Paul | 21 Jul 2015, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    Hope they include cover for women travelling while pregnant. ANZIIF "know risk" highlights a Canadian couple who had a child born while travelling in the USA. Due to complications they are facing a bill of $1M and bankruptcy. Another case reported on the weekend involved an Australian couple who are facing uninsured losses of $1M following an unexpected delivery of a child in the US. Given that very few travel insurers extend cover to children born while travelling, I trust the comparison sites highlight in very bold print those matters that are not covered. If not they are now on notice that they will be held responsible for misleading and deceptive conduct toward pregnant women. Given the complaints to FOS about travel insurance anyone purchasing cover directly from a comparison site has rocks in their head.
  • Broker+ | 21 Jul 2015, 02:48 PM Agree 0
    Paul

Problems right there buddy !
    Travel insurance cover accident & illness expenses ; childbirth is neither.
    Also, to include childbirth could lead to people travelling specifically to cover birthing costs.
    Not really an option : need to refer back to Health insurers for cover if available.
  • Paul | 21 Jul 2015, 04:32 PM Agree 0
    Not so, I arranged cover for a pregnant woman who was only at 26 weeks under corporate travel. It's 2016 and women are now allowed to travel in the early stages of pregnancy. In both cases , Canada and Australia the babies came early necessitating long hospital care. More than happy to act as an expert witness for anyone short changed by on line travel insurers.
  • Angela | 21 Jul 2015, 06:07 PM Agree 0
    Insure and Go covers childbirth. Hover over the ticks. https://www.comparetravelinsurance.com.au/travel-insurance-tips/pregnancy-travel-insurance-guide. At least comparison sites like this bring this type of information to the forefront to help consumers.
Post a reply