Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 01 May 2015, 08:40 AM Agree 0
A major insurer has announced the launch of a series of initiatives designed to lower premiums in cyclone-affected areas.
  • Curious | 01 May 2015, 09:45 AM Agree 0
    No mention of intermediaries - What are Suncorp/Vero doing to support intermediaries clients?
  • Scott | 01 May 2015, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    $4/wk contents insurance ... I'm sure it'll give proper cover and definitely not backfire and make the insurance industry look like a "cheater" again for not paying claims...
  • Curious Too | 01 May 2015, 12:18 PM Agree 0
    Interesting - I wonder if Longitude were told about Suncorp's decision to now compete against them... And I wonder if Longitude policies will be off limits (from previous experience I think not)...
  • Scott | 01 May 2015, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    C2 - Suncorp already offer strata through Resilium, AAMI & more to the direct market so it's not too much of a change there.

Now, how Longitude respond to greater competition ...
  • Curious Too | 01 May 2015, 02:59 PM Agree 0
    Scott,

Resilium - Intermediary Based (from what I know they don't deal direct with the public) so that is a like for like competitor

AAMI - only cover up to 10 units....

I assume that the direct model will be aimed at those that are outside the AAMI guidelines.
Post a reply