Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 21 Aug 2014, 01:22 PM Agree 0
An insurance company has teamed up with a national strata body in a bid to expand its presence in that market.
  • Scott | 21 Aug 2014, 01:54 PM Agree 0
    Shouldn't that read, "Allianz have a strong desire to further attack Broker introduced Business by targeting Brokers clients directly and offer superior priced products to the direct market".

- Side note, find the link on the Allianz website about how to locate a broker....
  • I Agree | 21 Aug 2014, 02:51 PM Agree 0
    Good point Scott.

After scouring the Allianz site I found tucked up in a corner of the most inconspicuous page on the whole Allianz website a brief description of what an insurance broker does.

The very first paragraph makes comment about it being easier to simply deal with Allianz direct!!!

Couldn't agree with you more, the insurers an their computer systems are slowly trying to strangle brokers out of the picture.

http://www.allianz.com.au/partners/how-we-do-business/insurance-brokers
  • Ani | 21 Aug 2014, 03:18 PM Agree 0
    I will do it!
  • Rolf Van Dulst | 22 Aug 2014, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    I too am unsure how brokers could be involved in this new strategic venture of Allianz but it appears from their comments that there will be an avenue for brokers to be involved. We will have to wait and see.
    This type of business challenge to the existing broker based business model isn't new and is happening throughout the insurance market by all major players. Some do it under the guise of a different brand but we are in a dynamic business environment and innovative developments shouldn't surprise us. The days of single channel distribution of insurance being the norm is long gone. It is now a differentiation strategy!
    So lets embrace the opportunities these innovations bring and stop bemoaning the reality of an exciting and dynamic business environment. The glass is half full people.
Post a reply