Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 11 Feb 2016, 08:50 AM Agree 0
A major Australian insurer has announced net profit after tax for its general insurance business have fallen by $101 million while gross written premium for the commercial business rose by 2.2%
  • Team suncorp | 11 Feb 2016, 01:25 PM Agree 0
    You could literally pull out any suncorp market update on results for the last 10 years and it would read exactly like this one. Only difference would be the names of management.
  • The West Australian Perspective | 11 Feb 2016, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    "Optimisation Benefits", I mean really.
    Can someone explain to me what exactly they are spending the $170M on currently????
    Good on them for looking at costs, but even with all this extra cost they still made a profit and at the end of the day isn't that what insurance companies are there for to collect enough money to pay claims and expenses and have some left over for a profit?
  • Another random | 13 Feb 2016, 06:48 PM Agree 0
    Really not enough profit ? First world problem maybe ?
  • Broker | 16 Feb 2016, 08:51 AM Agree 0
    No different to Zurich....for some reasons a company must post bigger and bigger profits year on year or the shareholders get upset..sometimes consolidation in the market can be a good thing as well in the long term.
Post a reply