Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 19 May 2015, 08:31 AM Agree 0
The chairman of the Australian branch of a major broker and his predecessor both passed away over the weekend.
  • Alex Damon | 19 May 2015, 10:34 AM Agree 0
    So sorry to hear of Steve's passing. I worked with him at Jardines in the early 80s and he was a really straight down-to-earth and fun guy. Way too young.
  • Jeff Smith | 19 May 2015, 11:32 AM Agree 0
    This news is so unbelievably sad and I feel for his Wife and Family.
    Like most of us around Steve's vintage, we grew up in the Industry with Steve and, whilst I never actually worked with him, I knew him well and we did some training of younger people together for the Institute when Bob McPherson was there. I also shared some NIBA time with him.
    Steve was always a competitor however, was always absolutely of the highest integrity and very much from the old school of ethics. He always had a smile for you and was never too busy to say g’day and have a beer and a punt.
    He will be deeply missed.
    RIP Steve.
  • Phil McGuire | 19 May 2015, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    Extremely saddened to hear the news and felt for Steve's family and JLT. I had the pleasure of working with Steve at Lumley in the mid seventies and to say that it was fun was an understatement. The days were so alive with humour that the boss sat a few of us, (Steve included) outside his office so he could keep an eye on us. Steve always kept us laughing with his quick wit. This with his good nature and kindness continued throughout his working life. What a wonderful contribution to the industry. Steve will be missed by all who knew him but certainly the better for it. It was a privilege to know him. Rest in peace my friend.
Post a reply