Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 22 Sep 2014, 07:36 AM Agree 0
Communicating important ideas such as a rebrand or acquisition to the entire workforce can be a challenge, especially if they’re already being bombarded by emails. Could video be the answer?
  • Scott | 22 Sep 2014, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    I disagree with this - a video has 3 major limitations
    1) Requires more technology (most internet devices can read an email. Only some devices with internet can play a play - eg: Windows Surface cannot reliably play videos, iPhone cannot load java videos. My work computer has no sound card)

2) Videos waste time. The current form of videos have a lot of padding with logos loading or long introductions. I am too busy to spend 3 minutes looking at company logos. Even more than that though, I can read much faster than I can listen, so an email that takes 20 seconds might be a video that takes 3 minutes.

3) Videos take longer to make. An email requires a script, but a video requires script, learning the script, and then animation or filming.
  • Liz James | 22 Sep 2014, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Scott. A number of insurance brokerages networks rund dumb terminals so there is no facility for running videos and there are no sound cards.
Post a reply