Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 27 May 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The CEO has responded to broker backlash by saying the organisation is happy to create a full-blown community awareness project – if they fund it.
  • A casual observor | 27 May 2013, 11:44 AM Agree 0
    It doesn't cost $16m a year to issue some press releases after a major loss saying what a great job (in the main) the broking industry has done - nor does it cost $16m to get on the front foot when an ill informed commentator makes a general statement about the industry
  • Just a thought | 27 May 2013, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    Question: Who wants to be proud of being a member of The National Insurance Brokers Association ? (NIBA)
    Answer : Every Broker

• Rick Post | 27 May 2013, 01:09 PM Agree 0
    Dont get stuck in the past. Under the present leadership there has been significant improvement in NIBA leadership. Start giving some thought to promoting your industry amongst your client base - not leave it to others. "A casusal observer" - perhaps you have missed the memos.
  • Kate Fairley | 27 May 2013, 02:08 PM Agree 0
    Response to a casual observer - it is REALLY hard to get the media to print anything about insurance. I've been trying to get through with Get Informed on the basis that I'm a 25 yo girl creating this awareness campaign for the entire insurance industry - nothing. And yet they're happy to promote opera singing butchers and jobless people wearing gorilla suits.

I'm not giving up but it's going to take a hell of a lot to get through to mainstream media. Good news just doesn't sell as well as bad news.
  • Neal M | 27 May 2013, 02:36 PM Agree 0
    Kate is right - it's very hard to seed content about insurance and broking in the mainstream media. There's not enough interest and NIBA, as a small association that doesn't resonate very strongly with the public, will always struggle on that front. NIBA does put out press releases on key insurance-related topics, promoting the worth of brokers at the same time, but it would be very rare for them to be picked up. Dallas does champion the industry in the press whenever the chance arises, however.
Post a reply