Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 01 Oct 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Offshoring and outsourcing is not the be all and end all for the insurance industry, say experts, in fact, the sector stands to gain a great deal.
  • Scott | 01 Oct 2013, 09:07 AM Agree 0
    "It added that SPs are contractually obligated to maintain service levels; and have robust processes for transition and knowledge transfer."
    Having a contractual obligation and having genuine skills or knowledge are very different things. I have certainly noticed a drop in quality from QBE & Vero claims since parts of their teams were moved off-shore.
  • Paul | 01 Oct 2013, 10:31 AM Agree 0
    I can only contrast two recent claims for SME clients. The Lumley claim was acknowledged the next day with request for client bank details and settled within 3 days. QBE Philippines took 10 days to acknowledge , several more days to request an excess and I am still waiting confirmation of finalisation. QBE provided no phone contact and when I finally found someone to speak to he had been moved to compliance and complaints. This very experienced claims officer will no doubt be very busy dealing with irate brokers unhappy with the silent treatment.
Post a reply