Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 26 Mar 2015, 08:40 AM Agree 0
A recent study of consumers in Australia has found that purchasing insurance online might not be all it’s cracked up to be.
  • Jack | 26 Mar 2015, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    Well if consumers are confused with the layout of OnLine Quote systems and 45% buy on price, wait and see how confused they will be when they have to make a claim because they just lost everything they ever owned and there cheap policy doesn't cover them correctly.
    Yes ..... Sir - your Accident Policy covers you for falling off the roof, but not if you hit the ground!!
  • md | 26 Mar 2015, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Jack, the consumer wants to protect their most important asset with a cheap and nasty policy, and without advice. They trust the faceless internet for advice, and not the career dedicated and professional Insurance Broker. No wonder they are confused!
  • Josh | 26 Mar 2015, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    Online backfired for us. We threw ludicrous amounts of capital into a system that didn't work... Actually, we've done that several times now.
  • Darren | 26 Mar 2015, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    Online insurance devalues the broker's knowledge and experience. What's the point of the degree and certification if the clients don't want advice, just the cheapest, crapest insurance?
  • Paul | 30 Mar 2015, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    I have several Gen Y clients with crap direct business cover referred recently by accountants . Helping another with a FOS claim for $90,000 rejected by a major Insurer. The client will win and then I'll post the matter on my website. Over time the on line stuff will be good for professional brokers.
Post a reply